Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips
Meghan Roth is the voice behind Meghan on the Move where she shares her journey as a 30-something in Orlando, Florida. And she’s certainly always on the move with her running, racing, and traveling!
This is what Meghan says about her Strawberry Mango Salsa:
This recipe is super easy, so it is great for a party, before a meal, or even just an afternoon watching football. You can even use the leftovers to top some chicken or fish, or to add to breakfast the next morning.
- For salsa:
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ½ cup diced red onions
- ½ – 1 tablespoon jalapenos (I used the kind from the jar)
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- For Chips:
- Whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In medium size bowl, mix together strawberries, mango, and onion.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix ½ – 1 tablespoon of jalapenos (to taste).
- Mix in lime juice and cilantro (to taste).
- While the salsa is marinating in the sugar, you can get your first batch of cinnamon chips in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut each tortillas into 8 pieces.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon. This will make more than you need. I recommend putting the mixture in a shaker so that it is easier to put on your chips and so that you can save the leftover.
- Brush each tortilla piece with butter and then top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Originally posted at Meghan on the Move.