There are some strawberry u-pick farms in Florida called Agritourism farms which are open during the entire season (November-April). Agritourism farms provide an on-farm recreational experience for visitors. However, many commercial farms do not open their fields to visitors until the end of season for select days and times. Please check the availability below.
Farms Open for U Pick
Berry Sweet Acres
Berry Sweet Acres is owned and operated by Matt and Kandice Parke. Matt is a fourth generation farmer who operates his family’s farm at Parkesdale Farms and Parkesdale Packing and cooling in addition to Berry Sweet Acres. Kandice manages Berry sweet Acres Barntique which is scheduled to open March 2023.
Reservations are encouraged at Berrysweetacres.com but Walk-Ins are welcome.
Hours of operation are
Closed Monday and Tuesday due to field maintenance.
Note: Closing hours will extend to 7pm after Daylight Savings time this year (March 12th).
Strawberry U-Picks start mid December-June.
Sunflower and zinnia U-Picks are late May-July.
Farms Open for U-Pick
As a rule of thumb, Favorite Farms is generally open for U-Pick in mid to late March. The weather and market conditions determine when they are open.
Please check their website for limited dates and times, before you go.
Helpful U-Pick Tips
- Dress comfortably. Wear loose fitting clothing
- Wear a hat or cap and bring sunscreen
- Bring your own containers
- If you plan to spend the day, take ice to keep berries cool
- Select only firm ripe berries
- Be careful not to remove the tops of the berries
- Make an effort to pick every ripe berry on each plant rather than jumping from plant to plant and row to row
Didn’t find the resource you were looking for? Contact us today for more information.