Barrie Mooney shares her favorite homemade recipes, fitness tips, and everyday life on her blog, Hardly A Goddess! She loves to cook for and spend time with her family and friends, and shares her favorite recipes with us.
Barrie is sharing her recipe for her Strawberry Fizz Cocktail! Here’s what she has to say about the recipe:
The beauty of these pickled strawberries is that you can snack on the strawberries themselves- a sweet and sour snack that is surprisingly addictive…but also a terrific tangy addition to a refreshing cocktail! I made mine with my favorite vodka, but this is easy enough to make with no alcohol at all, and have a refreshing strawberry soda!
She recommends rimming the glass with sugar for extra sweetness!
How to make Pickled Strawberries
- 1 lb. of perfect Florida Strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
- Wash and dry a large (1 quart) pyrex or canning jar.
- Wash and cut the stems off your berries- choose firm and ripe berries. Larger ones, should be halved. Put these in the jar.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the vinegar, sugar, salt, and water. Heat over medium stirring to get all the sugar and salt dissolved. Turn off the heat. Add the vanilla.
- Let cool to room temperature in the pan. Pour this over the berries in the jar. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before use.
How to make the Strawberry Fizz Cocktail
- one rocks glass
- 3 Pickled Strawberries
- 1 teaspoons of sugar, plus more for sugaring the glass
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 3-4 ounces lemon or lime seltzer
- Wet the rim of your rocks glass, and dip in sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar (or ½ packet of stevia) into the glass.
- Add 3 pickled strawberries.
- Muddle together until a mash.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add 2 ounces of vodka
- Top with the seltzer.
Originally posted on Hardly a Goddess.