Denise Wright shares healthy, low carb recipes on her blog, My Life Cookbook. She loves maintaining a healthy lifestyle with her food, and hopes that her tips, tricks, and recipes will help you do the same!
Denise is sharing her recipe for No Bake Low Carb Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake Treats with us. Here’s what she has to say about the recipe:
One of the best things about a low carb diet is the ability to make cheesecake-esque desserts and still stay on your diet. This no bake, low carb lemon strawberry cheesecake treat is case in point. The bright lemons go perfectly with plump, fresh strawberries. And we all know strawberries and cheesecake are a match made in heaven.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener**
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 strawberries, large
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, sweetener and whipping cream. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add in lemon extract and mix well. If you would like more lemon flavor add a bit of the lemon zest as you won’t need all of it.
- Take 1 of the strawberries and chop into little pieces. With the other strawberry, slice into thin heart shaped pieces.
- Fill each jar half way with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the chopped strawberry to both jars to make a nice layer.
- Top the strawberries with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Use the slices of the strawberry to make a flow pattern on top.
- Sprinkle lemon zest in the middle of each flower. You don’t have to use all the zest, just what looks nice.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- **You can use whatever sweetener you like. Just make sure the amount you use is equal to 1/3 sugar.
Originally posted on My Life Cookbook.
Check out the My Life Cookbook website, and follow Denise on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!