- 1 pound of strawberries, quartered
- 6-8 ounces of Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons of basil, chopped or torn into small pieces
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, gently mix together with a spoon the honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Fold quartered strawberries into the balsamic honey mixture.
- Spread strawberries on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until berries are soft but not “mushey”.
- Warm skillet or frying pan on medium heat.
- Butter outside of each slice of bread.
- Place brie slices on one side of each sandwich followed by a spoonful of the balsamic berry mixture and
a sprinkle of basil.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of buttered bread (butter goes on the outside of the slice).
- Cook each sandwich 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Originally posted at Authentically Candace.