Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa
Nichole Crews shares healthy, everyday food on her blog, Casa de Crews! She loves meal planning, at-home entertaining, and cooking competitively with her husband.
Nichole is sharing her recipe for Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa with us! Here’s what she tells us about the recipe:
One of my go-to meals when I can’t think of what to make is a good ol’ taco or fajita dinner. They’re so versatile since you can use just about anything you want. Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa use sweet strawberries with jalapenos, fresh avocado and all my other favorite fajita ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cup Florida strawberries, chopped small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of choice (evoo, spray, etc)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- tortillas of choice
- avocado, optional
- goat cheese, optional
- To make the strawberry salsa, mix all ingredients well and allow to chill at minimum 1 hour.
- For the Chicken Fajitas – to a bowl, add chicken, oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat chicken. Allow to marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat non-stick skillet to medium heat. Grill chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes, and flip. If chicken resists, side is not done. Once done, flip and grill other side until done. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, slice chicken into strips and add to tortillas. Top with salsa, avocado, and goat cheese.
Originally posted on Casa de Crews.