We are thrilled to share a favorite strawberry recipes from Chef Alan Bergman, associate instructor at Johnson & Wales University, North Miami Campus.
Courtesy of Chef Alan Bergman, Johnson & Wales University, North Miami Campus
Toasted Pound Cake & Balsamic Strawberries with Chocolate Sauce
- 1 lb fresh Florida strawberries washed, tops removed and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices pound cake, ½-inch thick
- 1 ounce prepared chocolate sauce
Place prepared strawberries in a medium bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Add more sugar if needed. Add balsamic vinegar and mix gently. Chill 3 hours. Toast pound cake slices in a 325°degree oven until golden brown and warm. Spoon berry mixture equally over pound cake slices.
Serving suggestions: Top each piece with whipped cream or drizzle chocolate sauce evenly over each piece. Makes four servings.