Gourmet chocolate dipped strawberries are deliciously easy to make at home! Serve them for a special occasion such as Valentine’s Day, or give them as a gift, and they’re guaranteed to be a hit. Making them is simple! All that you need are fresh Florida strawberries, the chocolate to dip them in, and skewers to decorate with.
- 1 pound Florida strawberries
- 2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips or chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or chocolate wafers
- Wash, drain, and pat your strawberries down with paper towels.
- Melt your chocolate wafers. You can do this easily in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl, preferably wide and with tall sides! Heat the chocolate for 15 seconds at a time, and then stir. Repeat as necessary until the chocolate has melted.
- Skewer your strawberries, and then dip them in the chocolate. Swirl the strawberries in the chocolate just below their green tops to cover them completely.
- Use a fork dipped in white chocolate to add streaks of white chocolate across the strawberries. Then, run a skewer down the sides, drawing lines into the chocolate to create an elegant pattern.
- Refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy your beautiful gourmet chocolate dipped strawberries!