There are some strawberry u-pick farms in Florida open during the entire season (December – April). However, commercial farms do not open their fields to u-pickers until the end of the season, which is usually in April depending on the weather. Please check availability below.
Farms Open for U-Pick:
As a rule of thumb, Favorite Farms is generally open for U-Pick in mid to late March. The weather and market conditions determine when they are open.
10070 McIntosh Road
Dover, FL 33527, USA
JG Ranch U-Pick Strawberries
JG Ranch is owned and operated by Joan and George Casey. If you have any questions visit their website at www.jgranch.com or call their office at (352) 799-0556, or visit their Facebook for more details.
17200 Wiscon Road
Brooksville FL 34601
Wish Farms Strawberry U-Pick
Please check their Facebook for limited dates and times, before you go. (813) 7525111
G & D Farms
37381 State Road 62
Duette FL 34219
Helpful U-Pick Tips:
- Dress comfortably. Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Wear a hat or cap and bring sunscreen.
- Bring your own containers.
- If you plan to spend the day, take ice to keep berries cool.
- Select only firm ripe berries.
- Be careful not to remove the tops of the berries.
- Make an effort to pick every ripe berry on each plant rather than jumping from plant to plant and row to row.