Update: 2013 U-Pick season is over.
See you in 2014!
Shady Acres Farm will have its U-pick opening day this Saturday, March 30, 2013. Pickers are invited to visit the farm Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m until 5:00 p.m. The farm will be open for U-pickers for the next two or three weeks.
Berries are priced at $1.00 for 2 quarts. Shady Acres Farm will provide the quart containers for picking, but don’t forget to bring your own containers to transport your strawberries back home and don’t forget your sunscreen!
Shady Acres Farm
3420 Gallagher Road
Dover, FL 33527
Helpful U-Pick Tips:
- Dress comfortably. Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Wear a hat or cap and bring sunscreen.
- Bring your own containers to transport.
- If you plan to spend the day, take ice to keep berries cool.
- Select only firm ripe berries.
- Be careful not to remove the tops of the berries.
- Make an effort to pick every ripe berry on each plant rather than jumping from plant to plant and row to row.