Register today for the 2013 Florida Berry Expo at UF/IFAS Gulf Coast Research and Education Center.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
University of Florida/IFAS
Gulf Coast Research and Education Center
14625 CR 672, Wimauma, FL 33598
- Florida strawberry industry: results from a comprehensive industry survey
- Smart irrigation: smartphone app for managing strawberry irrigation in Florida
- Nematode management considerations for strawberries
- Strawberry tasting of latest selections
- Application timing of Stinger™ for broadleaf weed control in strawberry
- Comparison of freeze protection methods on strawberries and blueberries
- Using crop protectants and non-traditional irrigation techniques for strawberry transplant establishment and blueberry production
- Evaluation of planting dates, fertilization requirements, and Florida-produced strawberry plug transplants in open fields and high tunnels
- Breeding: a sneak preview of potential varieties
- Determination of irrigation requirements for vertical and horizontal soilless systems for strawberry and blackberry cultivars
CEU’s will be available.