Candace Dyer is the voice behind the blog Authentically Candace where she shares her yummy recipes, adventures, and inspiration! Here’s what she says about her Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese sandwich:
My recipe delights all your taste buds. It’s a sweet, tart, peppery and super cheeeeeeeeesy grilled cheese! The flavors of juicy balsamic Florida strawberries, creamy brie and peppery basil meld together in perfect harmony.
She recommends kicking it up a notch by inviting some friends over and opening up a bottle of bubbly!
- 1 pound of strawberries, quartered
- 6-8 ounces of Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons of basil, chopped or torn into small pieces
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, gently mix together with a spoon the honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Fold quartered strawberries into the balsamic honey mixture.
- Spread strawberries on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until berries are soft but not “mushey”.
- Warm skillet or frying pan on medium heat.
- Butter outside of each slice of bread.
- Place brie slices on one side of each sandwich followed by a spoonful of the balsamic berry mixture and
a sprinkle of basil.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of buttered bread (butter goes on the outside of the slice).
- Cook each sandwich 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Originally posted at Authentically Candace.